There’s been a recent explosion of 8mm Auburn treasures on YouTube. We are honored to feature arguably the greatest to date—three minutes of footage of a dog weaving in and out of plays during an Auburn spring practice in 1964.
Around 1:20 he even gets in on a tackle. No one bats an eye. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
As to my theory that Auburn is the college campus exhibit in some Platonic Disneyland, Air Bud: The Dog Bone Formation (or should it be The Twelfth Man’s Best Friend?) trumps even the Flubber punts, etc.
h/t Jonathan Morris.
Related: Walt Disney, Auburn fan?
* Secondhand Shug
* Smithsonian Magazine photographs kid in Auburn hat at Texas prom
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* “Cougar Town” star gets Glom’ed
* Auburn’s new Miss USA
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn