You’d expect the guy from the most attractive couple pictured in a Smithsonian Magazine feature on the 21st-Century American Prom to be wearing an Auburn straw hat. You just would.
And you’d assume that someone into Auburn enough to brand the memory of his senior prom with an AU would probably be heading to Auburn after graduation, and if Auburn.edu’s “People Finder” is accurate, you’d be right. It looks like Luke Rome is on the verge of getting a bachelor’s in Geology. But four years ago, and in Austin, Texas no less, dude was earning a doctorate in style.
UPDATE: Here’s what the photo looks like in the magazine’s print version—lead photo, of course.
h/t Kevin Forstmann. Update photo via Ashley Belcher.
Do you want TWER to keep on keepin’ on? Do you have $5 a month?
* The WiFi Network Names of Auburn
* Auburn’s Legend of Zelda
* Pat Sullivan orders a “Wishbone T” on Bob Hope
* She was smokin’ in the classroom…
* “Cougar Town” star gets Glom’ed
* Auburn’s new Miss USA
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn
* Drew Carey’s thoughts on Auburn
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Looks like a police line up, not a prom picture. At least smile and pretend you like each other!
Mary Ellen Mark the photographer spent some time in Montgomery during the production of the film Big FIsh. As we all know that film mentions Auburn (although the campus is not shown). Huntingdon College in Montgomery was stand in for Auburn.