You know that scene in “National Treasure” (of course you do) where Cage and Co. finally find the Templar treasure and it’s not just a storage unit-sized cave or anything, but an undiscovered country of ancient booty that literally stretches to the subterranean horizon with forgotten gold and grails unknown? We kind of stumbled on the Auburn football version of that recently—or rather it was stumbled upon us by a saintly Tennessee historian (who I believe wishes to remain anonymous) willing to ignore our differences out of mutual respect and obsession with the good ol’ days.
The old Jordan-Hare jpegs and “Man, oh, man…” mpegs just keep coming—there simply appears to be no end to his vintage vault nor his eagerness to share it. And so with this fantastic clip from Bob Hope’s 1971 All-American Awards show starring Terry Terrific (the Opie of the over-the-head reception), Super Sully, and that helmet-haired prima donna (and recipient of the one and only 2nd Place Heisman Trophy) Ed Marinaro we begin paying it forward.
* Bear Bryant, Auburn fan?
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Shug carves a turkey
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub