I know what people say: Leave’em wanting more. But if Rich Perkins asks you to stay on for the entire hour, you stay on for the entire hour.
Sure, you’ve already aced the stuff about Dean Foy all but calling Georgia fans sons of dogs (“or to be more specific…”), and the complaints from Auburn fans about a loudmouth Georgia guard named Pat Dye. But it’s not like you’re not carrying a copy of John Heisman’s “Dear John” letter to the Auburn football team in your back pocket. So you read it. Dramatically. You stretch it out. You don’t just make the audience tingle. You make them tinnnnnnnnnnnnggggggglllllllllllleeeeeeeeeee…. then go to break, say goodnight, promise you’ll be back, walk out the door. And voila, you’ve got an extra special segment of your extra special segment to post (which means more extra special stills of Alice in an It’s Pronounced Jordan shirt!!!*).
For more marvelous Marconi misadventures in Auburn history, tune in to The Drive—ESPN 1065 FM in Auburn / Opelika or online at www.espnau.com—Thurs. at 5 p.m. (And for previous episodes, click here.)
* Those asking, yes, we’re hoping to print up a new crop of It’s Pronounced Jordan shirts very soon. And speaking of shirts, pre-order a TWER shirt by Feb. 19 and get a huge discount—just $10 + free shipping.
Related: My first meeting with Dean Foy.
* Streaking at Auburn, 1974
* Drew Carey’s thoughts on Auburn
* Auburn grad turns old team T-shirts into gameday showstoppers
* Auburn grads start the Netflix of neckties
* The Bo Jackson of Bo Jackson collections
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Leave a Reply