Sure it’s nifty and all, and sure, it won’t leave “eagle grease” on a luxury box window unless you want it to leave “eagle grease” on a luxury box window, but how does Robo-Nova, the ornithopter made by Auburn engineering students late last summer (and made famous by TWER on the day of its football practice facility test flight), measure up to Real-o-Nova in terms of pure crowd-pleasing, rah-rah raptor ferocity? In other words, who would win in an eagle fight?
Watch this two-year old footage recovered from a camera mounted to an eagle-esque ornithopter that was flown into the wild blue yonder by some Joe Vimeo only to be attacked by an actual eagle before you answer.
* Erotic Auburn Beer Stein
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Vintage Ernest P. Worrell Auburn / Mello Yello commercial
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video