Just when Times Square has you maybe once again kind of entertaining the idea that the pop-culture pressure cooker of dot com consciousness might have already achieved for Cam Newton in 2011 a greater celebrity than Bo Jackson’s in 1990, you’re reminded of the iconic “Ball Player” photo King Konging half of a Los Angeles high-rise in the opening credits of Pretty Woman.
We’re counting this as an Auburn pop-culture reference for the same reason we cover the hell out of Cam Newton the Carolina Panther. At least in our young minds, “Ball Player”-era Bo was still very much Auburn-era Bo. The New Adventures of Superman-era Bo? Not so much.
Eagle Eye Award to Julie Borders.
* LeBron James starts SuperCamming fad
* The Bo Jackson of Bo Jackson collections
* Auburn vet saves Lady Hoggers
* The 1973 Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The giant card Tampa Bay fans sent to Bo Jackson
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?