In terms of violence, style, and cartoonishly disquieting content, the mural on the wall of the Firehouse Subs on Magnolia Ave. rivals A Lively Fisting, The Trial of Chief Wamapo, or any other mural in Parks and Recreation’s Pioneer Hall. (Click to enlarge.)
It apparently commemorates a time (2010?) when Wildcats and Bengals were but slaves in the Loveliest Village, chained and forced to fetch the firewood that the Auburn Tigers used to barbecue their fellow SEC member mascots alive.
(If you’d like to unpack this piece of art from a rhetorical/critical perspective—is the eagle basting the bulldog or meta-painting the picture?— let us know.)
Photo via @JonSirico.
Go to WarEagleDVD.com and enter TWER as your promo code. You’ll get free shipping… and you’ll help your favorite Auburn website keep the lights on during the long winter.
* Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer? Written by an Auburn grad
* That time Auburn football was adopted by a Jesuit university in Philadelphia
* Captain Bullfrog is an Auburn fan
* Auburn creams Tuscaloosa in ‘brainpower index’ rankings
* Bear Bryant, Auburn fan?
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Shug carves a turkey