Downtown study break mainstay Taylor’s Bakery has closed its doors.
Auburn students have enjoyed “The Bake” for studying, romancing, or simply coffee since the late-90s. No more.
The business’ original owners sold the store in early 2010. The new ownership broadened the menu to offer pastries, sandwiches, and gourmet coffee but recently sold the store to GiGi’s Cupcakes, a national franchise that has operated a popular store on Ogletree Road since 2009, and is soon expanding to Montgomery and Columbus. They’ll open up shop at the old Taylor’s location early next year.
But first they’re cleaning house.
For those looking for something to add to your own restaurant, kitchen, or dorm room, everything inside Taylor’s will be up for sale at a huge “yard sale” Saturday from 7 am to 5 pm. (see the Craigslist ad here). Want to scavenge some memorabilia with that baked-in coffee smell to remember the time spent at Taylor’s? Better get there early.
Related: Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs.
* Auburn coeds at the Rodeo
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Gene Chizik in high school
* Saban’s reaction to ticketing caught on police dash cam
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show