The Blessed Individual eats record books for breakfast… AND HE NEVER GETS FULL.
His Sunday feast against Tampa Bay was chock full of delicious tidbits that may have escaped media attention under the glare of his three touchdown runs, which broke NFL single-season record for rushing TDs by a quarterback.
On the same afternoon where he broke Steve Grogan’s 1976 mark of 12 rushing scores, Newtown became just the third player in NFL history with a touchdown pass, three rush scores, and a reception in the same game, joining LaDainian Tomlinson and Ronnie Brown. Yes, lost amid the rushing scores was a 27-yard catch. Matching Rodgers’ 39 standard-scoring fantasy points, Newton is also the first quarterback with three rushing touchdowns in a game since Daunte Culpepper with the Raiders in 2007.
Newton is currently the league leader in rushing touchdowns with 13—just five away from Eric Dickerson’s rookie record. He’s also just 442 yards shy of tying Peyton Manning’s rookie passing record. And he’s got four breakfasts left.
h/t Xavier Garunzuay.
* Auburn creams Tuscaloosa in ‘brainpower index’ rankings
* Bear Bryant, Auburn fan?
* Catching up with Auburn’s former Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue model
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Auburn’s first nude model tells all
* George Hardy won’t let you piss on Cam Newton
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* Shug carves a turkey