The Bull graduated from Auburn University yesterday.
Just like the 2010 Iron Bowl, he did it for Charlie.
“Eltoro Freeman just walked across the stage to cheers from his brother Charlie,” Auburn University assistant professor and sports media researcher Lauren Smith tweeted during yesterday’s commencement ceremony at Auburn Arena.
But, just like the 2010 Iron Bowl, he also did it for his mama.
“This was my mom’s dream since she was a child,” Freeman told AU beat writer Joel Erickson. “She just stays 30 minutes from Auburn in Alex City. When I was growing up she told me that she wanted to go to Auburn and graduate from Auburn. And for me to let her experience that through me, I don’t even think I have the words to explain that feeling and to see the smile on her face because that was her dream and her son did it.”
h/t War Eagle Extra, read more here.
Go to WarEagleDVD.com and enter TWER as your promo code. You’ll get free shipping… and you’ll help your favorite Auburn website keep the lights on during the long winter.
* Auburn and Virginia have ‘colorful’ history
* Auburn coeds at the Rodeo
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Gene Chizik in high school
* Auburn’s Miss America needs you
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show