I’m not sure at what point, what year an Auburn historian reverts back into Pure Fan and has to invoke “It’s Great to Be an Auburn Tiger” to stay calm when studying an Auburn defeat—I want to say the early 70s—but I know when it’s not.
Because when it comes to enjoying color footage of Shug and Fob James and Auburn cheerleaders shimmyin’ in shiny leather jackets and skirts, however brief, that begins with credits and cinematography and music straight out of a Disney movie, the score of the game it was shot at is inconsequential. Auburn could have lost the 1955 Gator Bowl to Vanderbilt 1,955 to nothing and I’d still have happy tears watching this.
h/t Roger Waters.
Related: 1950 Auburn Tigers stacked at coed?
* The 1973 Delta Chi Miss Hot Pants pageant
* Bjork wrote a song about Auburn’s “Hey Day”
* Crazy Auburn mural at Firehouse subs
* Auburn Playboy shoot at Chewacla during power outage
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* The giant card Tampa Bay fans sent to Bo Jackson
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?