In order to accommodate the special needs of Harvey Updyke—prison will kill him, he says—the Auburn Plainsman’s Opinion section, which is also a bit miffed about the whole Toomer’s-Oaks-are-worth-just-twenty-bucks thing, is going Gilbert and Sullivan with suggestions for his sentencing. “Let the punishment fit the crime,” wrote the famous composers, “The punishment fit the crime.”
Indeed, says the Plainsman, which includes in its list of possible punishments a “War Eagle” tattoo on Updyke’s forehead.
“Auburn fans need something to cover in toilet paper,” the Plainsman writes, “and there’s no reason we can’t replace our leafy trees with a hairy man.”
Read the full column here.
* Top American pale ale first brewed in Auburn bathtub
* Volleyball player commits to Auburn by painting AU logo on exotic tortoise
* Harvey Updyke Halloween costume
* Guy crashes Tiger Walk, gets arrested
* Auburn English professor on “Jeopardy!”
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
Love it. Reminds me of a Quentin Tarrantino movie.
Auburn Elvis says
You know, “prison will kill him” is just a theory. But we’ll never know ’till we try it… for science.
Kool Bell says
I still claim his punishment should be to clean JHS after every home game. Keep him inchains along the tunnel so he has to hear every single WAR EAGLE-HEY! Then put him into chain gang mode and make him clean the stadium, rest rooms and all!