We’ve received reliable word that Evelyn Jordan, the widow of Auburn coaching legend Shug Jordan, passed away Thursday at Bethany House in Auburn. She was 98.
The War Eagle Reader had been planning on posting these never-before-seen photos (you know how we roll), taken in the late 70s for what was likely a special Holiday section of the Opelika-Auburn News, a little closer to Thanksgiving.
But under the circumstances, we feel them to be an appropriate tribute to a legendary Auburn lady who was by all accounts a wonderful, wonderful person. And who could apparently cook a mean, mean turkey.
Whether or not Shug could carve it or not is another story.
Our heartfelt condolences to Mrs. Jordan’s family.
Photos by Brad Ashmore.
* Shug’s daughter confirms father’s affinity for houndstooth
* Coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* How Bama remembers “Punt, Bama, Punt”
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?