Yes, the glorious prospect—Toomer’s Karma!—of an Auburn upset of an undefeated Alabama makes it at least emotionally tempting to be something close to neutral (if such a thing were possible) regarding tomorrow’s Alabama-LSU game
But like the bumper sticker said, the second favorite team of any self-respecting Auburn fan is always, always, always whoever is playing Alabama (even the Russians). T’was always thus. Just ask Dean Foy, who led a midnight Toomer’s Corner celebration after Bama’s loss to Vanderbilt in 1969.
Yes, Auburn had beaten Clemson that afternoon, but the celebration didn’t start until Vandy upset Bama, which also kept Bear Bryant from logging his 100th coaching win.
V for victory, V for Vandy. Geaux LSU.
Sorry Even More Incredible Iron Bowl Story Line, but the sooner we know Bama (likely) won’t play for the national championship, the better.
* New Jersey man buys Toomer’s Corner for $10,000
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* Volleyball player commits to Auburn by painting AU logo on exotic tortoise
* Harvey Updyke Halloween costume
* Guy crashes Tiger Walk, gets arrested
* Auburn English professor on “Jeopardy!”
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?