The 1974 Auburn Tigers were a good football team. They ended the season with a Gator Bowl victory over Texas and with just two losses – to Florida and Alabama.
One of the most questionable calls in Iron Bowl history explains the loss to the Tide.
Perhaps the indignity suffered by Secdrick McIntyre helps explain the loss to the Gators — the jockstrap, unlike the jerseys, did not tear away.
* Lutzenkirchen vs. The Pounder
* Ad for a Wet T-shirt Contest at Nichol’s Alley
* Pat Dye buying sunglasses
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* “Buck Fama” graffiti seen in Auburn after “Punt Bama Punt”