Our latest installment of Rah-rahs Per Minute, TWER’s longstanding series focusing on the vinyl (and otherwise-formatted) sounds of Auburn Spirit too long relegated to the rotting Shasta box bulk-bins of our thrift stores and garage sales, is a further exploration of the Smilin’ Jack Smollon salvaged-from-the-dumpster-behind-the-WANI-in-Opelika oeuvre.
What song did Smilin’ Jack choose to cover for his LSU smack talk this particular season (not sure which)? Hank Williams’ “Jambalaya (On the Bayou)”, obviously. And your road trip to Red Stick will be the better for it.
* Five Auburn coeds featured in Playboy’s “Girls of the SEC” issue
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn cheerleader and “Survivor” contestant Krista Klumpp tells all
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Bjork in Jordan-Hare
* Did an Auburn fan contribute to the teenage delinquency of Courtney Love?
* The G.I. Joe from Auburn
* So a Playmate walks into Jordan-Hare…
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!