The Loveliest Village of the Plain will be occupied Sunday—by 10 people, so far. Twelve more maybe attending and 86 have yet to reply to the invitation at all.
But as of Friday morning, 192 people were bothered enough “about the cozy relationship between Wall Street and the government” to “Like” the Facebook page recently started by the Auburn offshoot of the Occupy Wall Street movement, one of several similar Alabama groups that have sprung up from Birmingham to Mobile since the loosely organized New York protests against perceived economic inequality began making headlines this week.
Occupy Tuscaloosa will hold its first meeting tonight on the University of Alabama Quad… during Bama’s homecoming pep rally and bonfire. So that should be fun.
Occupy Auburn plans to hold its first “General Assembly” Sunday in Ross Square on the Auburn campus from 1-3 p.m. And you have to hand it to them—judging by their Facebook page, they certainly seem more sure of their message than their Sacramento counterparts.
Related: George W. Bush says War Eagle—again.
* Hargis Hall damaged in fire
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera sports Auburn shirt in new issue of FHM
* Daniel Tosh says “War Eagle” on Tosh.0
* Former MTV “Real World” call Auburn “God’s country.”
* Auburn grad stars in new reality show
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Cam Newton’s Breast Cancer shoes
* Dirty Auburn, Kinkiest Village of the Bizarre!
* So a Playmate walks into Jordan-Hare…
* R.E.M. in Auburn
* Auburn one of seven schools represented in new TOMS shoes line