A year has passed since our unnamed and orphaned tiger was introduced to you, our much-beloved Readers.
And he’s still fighting mad at the sight of a corn dog unpummeled.
Especially a corn dog that thinks he’s No. 1.
He’s a deep-fried loser to you and me.
That corn dog thinks he’s worthy of Grey Poupon … but really he’s just covered in bulk yellow mustard from the county fair.
Much has changed since last year’s LSU contest … a 2010 national title for Our Auburn Tigers for one thing and a Heisman for the Blessed Individual.
The commissioned artist, Noah Van Sciver, has also taken the world by storm this past year, well, the comic book/graphic novel/funny pages world.
So, it was nice that The War Eagle Reader got to him first.
He’s drawn a young Abe Lincoln visiting a house of ill repute …
Got a book, “The Death Of Elijah Lovejoy,” published …
A comic strip published by MAD magazine …
A strip in the Fantagraphics Books anthology “Mome: Vol 22” (with his own book “The Hypo” also soon to be published by Fantagraphics) …
Contributed to the “Best American Comics 2011” anthology …
I’m sure it was all due to his brief brush with Auburn’s greatness and not his dogged, unrelenting production of drawings and letters.
Related: LSU women love an Auburn Man / We’re coming for our classic logo, LSU.
* The truth behind the 1988 Auburn vs. LSU “Earthquake” game
* Five Auburn coeds featured in Playboy’s “Girls of the SEC” issue
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn cheerleader and “Survivor” contestant Krista Klumpp tells all
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* Glee star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Auburn dude makes Samford Hall out of 4,000 LEGOs.
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise?
John Ringer says
We printed that corn dog drawing last year and it has been hanging in our kitchen ever since then……..my kids love it.