Wonderfully random spikes in TWER traffic can usually be traced to posts that populate Google searches for Nikki Cox or “Auburn + Playboy” (we have one or two or ten of those) or, of course, for Her Highness… oh, and don’t get me started on the Lindsay McCormick incident. When your site’s profile is the only real internet exposure of the Auburn girl rumored to be dating Mark Sanchez, pages are viewed, my friends… pages are viewed.
But yesterday’s server echo was bounced not off orange and blue framed cleavage but a red, white, and blue rendered visage. Yes, it seems that Carolina Panthers fans have appropriated our punny (and politically neutral) appropriation of Shepard Fairey’s pièce de résistance, crafted in the wee morning Heisman-hinting afterglow of Auburn’s 2010 season opener, and viralized (to our surprise and delight) via ESPN Gameday’s coverage of the Clemson game.
Or at least that’s how I’m going to describe it at Thanksgiving, etc.—God help me for tooting my pathetic Photoshop horn, but I YouTube’d tutorials for that thing, people, and I just remain so proud… of the poster, but even more, of the Blessed Individual.
Yes We Cam…. Yes, we all Cam.
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera sports Auburn shirt in new issue of FHM
* Daniel Tosh says “War Eagle” on Tosh.0
* Former MTV “Real World” call Auburn “God’s country.”
* Auburn grad stars in new reality show
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Cam Newton’s Breast Cancer shoes
* Dirty Auburn, Kinkiest Village of the Bizarre!
* So a Playmate walks into Jordan-Hare…
* R.E.M. in Auburn
* Auburn one of seven schools represented in new TOMS shoes line