Ciara Richards apparently aced the painting job on her exotic pet. And she thinks it played as much of a part in her earning a scholarship to Auburn as her 43 service aces, 24 blocks, 163 digs and 45 assists during her junior year. [Correction: 345 assists.]
After current members of Auburn’s volleyball team told her that Rick Nold and Co. really dig creative commitments, the lovely senior volleyball standout from Palm Springs High (CA) took washable blue and orange chalk paint and decorated the shell of her 8-year-old, 210-pound African desert tortoise with the Auburn University logo. She took a picture. She emailed it to Auburn. War Eagle.
The 5’9″ setter is signing her national letter of intent to play for the Tigers in two weeks and plans to major in journalism. No word on whether the tortoise (named Bo) is coming with her, or whether PETA would care.
Photo via mydesert.com.
* Guy crashes Tiger Walk, gets arrested
* Auburn fan Occupies Herbstreit
* Auburn English professor on “Jeopardy!”
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* TWER interviews one of Auburn’s “Girls of the SEC”
* John Travolta in an Auburn shirt
* Auburn grad stars in new National Geographic reality show
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera wears Auburn shirt in FHM photo shoot
* Auburn dude makes Samford Hall out of 4,000 LEGOs.