If you suffer from paranoia that Under Armour could at a moment’s notice go all New Coke on Auburn’s classic uniform combination as it has (to schizophrenic effect) elsewhere, worry not.
Not only have Chizik and Co. stayed the course through countless rumors regarding major uniform changes—what blue pants?—they’re also apparently sticklers when it comes to even the tiniest tweaks (champ stamps and microfonts excluded). And they’ve got no qualms about standing up to our corporate overlords.
From an al.com interview with Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank:
But don’t expect Auburn to ever wear dramatically different uniforms like its Under Armour counterpart at Maryland. In fact, Auburn rejected its apparel company’s idea to wear different socks at the BCS Championship Game last January.
“We had a white sock that had a orange strip vertically,” Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank said today prior to a speech in Birmingham. “It came all the way down to a game-time decision and we found out three hours before kickoff they weren’t going to use the sock. So we said, ‘Alright, we got ya, we got ya.'”
Sock it to’em, Chiz.
* “Glee” star Naya Rivera sports Auburn shirt in new issue of FHM
* Daniel Tosh says “War Eagle” on Tosh.0
* Former MTV “Real World” call Auburn “God’s country.”
* Auburn grad stars in new reality show
* Wonder Woman, Joan from Mad Men, Dr. Girlfriend… all Auburn fans
* Cam Newton’s Breast Cancer shoes
* Dirty Auburn, Kinkiest Village of the Bizarre!
* So a Playmate walks into Jordan-Hare…
* R.E.M. in Auburn
* Auburn one of seven schools represented in new TOMS shoes line
To advertise on TWER, click here.