Spirit likely won’t fly before Auburn’s game with Florida Atlantic University this Saturday. But it has nothing to do with injuries or with PETA.
“He’s had practice flight already and he’s flying just fine,” Dr. Jamie Bella, Director of the Southeastern Raptor Center Director, reported over the weekend. “I’ve examined him, I’ve done blood work, and even though I didn’t feel he would have a fracture based on how well he was doing in the exam I did some radiographs just to be sure he doesn’t have a crack or something that might make me want to put him on injured reserve.”
No cracks, no fractures. No injuries. He’s good to go for gameday— if called upon.
“There’ no reason he couldn’t fly, but it’s about Nova’s turn to fly and that would be the reason, if Spirit doesn’t fly at the next game, why he doesn’t,” Bellah said. “It’s not that he’s injured, it’s that it’s about Nova’s turn.”
Watch the full interview with Bellah here.
Related: Family in Auburn Luxury Box recalls Eagle encounter (photos) /Robo Eagle / Auburn almost had a giant eagle mascot
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* War Eagle Moment from space scheduled for October 25
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
Six Schlitzes says
I know Spirit will be fine. Can’t wait to see Nova fly on Saturday!
Jay G. says
It’s past time for Nova to fly – he’s the real War Eagle. Spirit is but a pale imitation.