For one group of Auburn students, Saturday’s trip to Clemson wasn’t a total bummer. The Auburn University Marching Band scored a chance to be featured in commercials for ABC’s reboot of Charlie’s Angels.
Footage of the band playing a special arrangement of the show’s theme song was shot in the stands at Clemson Memorial Stadium before kickoff.
“ABC contacted us several weeks ago and asked us to play the [Charlie’s Angels] theme music for them so they could video our band and help them promote the television show.” Marching Band Director Dr. Corey Spurlin said.
Auburn’s band was the only band the network contacted. Why Auburn?
“I guess it was the fact that they had Auburn on ABC and we had the full band there,” Spurlin said. “We said we’d help them out… they thought it was an opportunity for a creative promotion for that particular show.”
Several short spots for the show were aired during the game but appeared to feature quick clips of another band’s brass section.
“I think the main point for what they did with us was to use the footage for later,” Spurlin said. “If they choose to use it, great. If not, that’s fine. It’s up to them.”
“I was flattered they thought of us.”
Charlie’s Angels premieres Thursday at 7 p.m. CST on ABC.
* Robo Eagle
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* War Eagle Moment from space scheduled for October 25
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time