There is no media bias, Auburn fans. The reason Auburn went down instead of up in the polls last week, the reason we fell out of the Top 25—heck, probably even the reason why [AutoTune engage] “Auburn sucks“—is because we lost a game. We lost to Utah State. That’s it. That’s the reason. Put your conspiracy theories away (this is why everyone hates you). Two major sports media outlets can’t be wrong.
Now, we could read these things closely and adopt a siege mentality. We could read these things and realize that college football is too important to be left to the professionals, as Orson says. We could grow indignant, fire off a letter to the editor or— when desperate — a phone call to the local pandering “sportstainment show.” But we’ll leave all that to someone else.
Look at these images, realize just how wrong prognosticators have been about our team, and go about your happy, 2 and 0, 17 in a row way.
L.A. Times screencap via @brownbw, ESPN grab via Paul Stalter-Pace, wisdom via Kenny Smith.
* Pine Hill Haints release song from new album to honor Toomer’s
* Outkast lasts forever
* Did Auburn student’s roll Toomer’s Corner after Bear Bryant died?
* TWER interviews Stephen Enloe, the Emotional Agronomist
* Bama police keep vigil over Bear Bryant statue
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Fear and Loathing in Tuscaloosa
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
* Former Auburn cheerleader stars in ‘Best Worst Movie’
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
There are a lot of four-letter words that I want to use right now.
Excellent advice at the end of this article! Proud to go my happy 2-0, 17 in a row way as a dye-hard AU Tiger!! My team doesn’t need ESPN and certainly not the LA Times (what a rag!). My AU Tigers do their talking on the field of play when they fight til the end of each game and WIN!!!! War Eagle!!
Actually, we have 2 losses if you take the info presented here.
According to the LA Times we lost the season opener that would make us 0-1.
According to the ESPN screen capture – the game is final and Ms. State is 2-0 and AU’s record moves to 1-1. Which means that Auburn is being credited for the loss on this occasion as well.
We are 0-2. I hate to hear that because I celebrated both victories in Auburn with my friends. Oh well, better luck next time.
Be vewy vewy quiet. I’m hunting wabbit.
Mac Mirabile says
both tough losses, we can probably rebound though and still go unfefeated.