Tell you three things about myself as a kid? Sure.
No. 1— Auburn football was my life.
No. 2—I wore an Ernest P. Worrell hat an entire summer, entertained my family with spot-on abidiyah, abidyah, abidyah impressions, and never returned a VHS copy of Hey Vern, It’s My Family Album—it’s still in my possession, still warped from the heat of mom’s Oldsmobile—rented from the Mountain Brook Video Express in 1986. We’re already up to four things.
No. 3—I was on fire for the gospel of Mello Yello, preaching its superiority over Mountain Dew to every child Over The Mountain with an ear to hear.
So yeah, Bama pennant notwithstanding, finding this on YouTube—how had I never seen it? or, if I had, not remembered it?—was like finding out that Elvis wrote a song about the 1957 national championship team or something… JUST FOR ME. (And that he drank Mello Yello.)
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* War Eagle Moment from space scheduled for October 25
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time