As it was most certainly a Criterion kind of year, it was really only a matter of time before Plainsman Parking Lot, the folks who brought you the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Auburn, an Auburn Nyan Cat, and countless other gems of the Auburn Photoshop, got the idea to honor each victory with its own Criterion Collection DVD cover.
Oh, and the Louisiana-Monroe cover? That’s a P-40 WarHawk “Flying Tiger.” That’s the level of thought that went into this.
Oh, yeah, totally— it’s awesome. But, I mean, for me, Auburn’s work was so much more, I don’t know, real, or something, before South Carolina. After that, it just got, like, formulaic, you know? And then, I mean, quarterbacks diving for touchdowns from seven yards out? Twenty-four point Iron Bowl comebacks? Halftime Hail Mary’s? It was almost cartoonish. But, I mean, yeah, it’s still a great collection.
* Jaime Edmondson sports Auburn shirt in Cam Newton’s Pants photos
* Apple CEO Tim Cook only writes personal email replies to Auburn fans
* Auburn fan shot dead in Alabama fan rap video
* Shug Jordan dug the heck out of houndstooth
* War Eagle Moment from space scheduled for October 25
* “War Eagle” carved into face of the Spinx
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!