An official yea-or-nea announcement isn’t expected until later today or tomorrow, but The War Eagle Reader has been told by sources close to the situation that Auburn University will allow fans to continue rolling the Toomer’s Corner oak trees this fall, and that the toilet paper will be removed not by water hoses but by hand.
However that doesn’t exactly mean the trees are on their way to recovery. In an interview last night on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show, Toomer’s Task Force point man Dr. Gary Keever was less than optimistic about the oaks’ long-term future.
“We’re not ready to give up on them yet,”Keever said, “but the prognosis is not very good.”
UPDATE: And now it’s official.
Related: Rollings OK’d, But Auburn Looking To Adapt Rolling Tradition with ‘Attractive Intersection Structure’
* First Auburn National Championship Shirt Ever
* Does Toomer’s Corner have Wake Forest competition?
* The story behind Auburn’s contributions to the 1989 “Girls of the SEC” Playboy pictorial
* Recent Auburn grad fighting porn star, others for Charlie Sheen’s affection
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* 1950 Auburn Tigers stacked at coed
Leave a Reply