Auburn University officials announced this morning their decision to allow fans to continue rolling the Toomer’s Corner oaks temporarily, but according to its press release is looking to adapt the rolling tradition to secure it’s long-term viability.
One option? Some sort of toilet paper-friendly structure installed at the corner of College and Magnolia in order to “bring the celebration back to the Corner, where it originated, not in the trees area.”
“The university’s Facilities Division is exploring a long-term solution we hope will return the tradition permanently: Create an iconic, attractive intersection structure, in partnership with the city and with its approval.”
If all goes according to plan, the design of the structure will be turned into an “architectural design contest.”
We vote for The Eric Estrada.
* Toomer’s Corner rollings deemed ‘doomed’… in 1978?
* Does Toomer’s Corner have Wake Forest competition?
* The story behind Auburn’s contributions to the 1989 “Girls of the SEC” Playboy pictorial
* Recent Auburn grad fighting porn star, others for Charlie Sheen’s affection
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* 1950 Auburn Tigers stacked at coed