What’s way easier—and makes way more sense (and is way less likely to be slipped into the official win column by an assistant athletic director sometime in the 1980s)—than trying to grease the charitable rails for some sort of pre-season exhibition Iron Bowl between current Auburn and Alabama players?
Organizing a charity flag football game between former Auburn and Alabama players.
Former Auburn and Alabama football players will play each other in a flag football game next month in Hoover to raise money for tornado relief. The HeartinDixie Alumni Day Flag Football Game will be Aug. 13 at 7 p.m. at Spain Park High School.
Among the past athletes and coaches attending the weekend’s events will be Bo Jackson, Cornelius Bennett, Pat Dye, Ray Perkins, Al Del Greco, Bobby Humphrey, Stan White, Gene Stallings, Joe Cribbs and Lee Roy Jordan.
Which Iron Bowl alumni will actually yank each others flags (and, presumably, chains)? The list has yet to be finalized. But whoever they are, they can’t have played football—in college or professionally—for at least two years.
Who’s on your Auburn alumni flag football dream team?
Related: Metro Washington Auburn Club plays Oregon to 14-14 tie in ‘DCS’ Flag Football Championship
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* In the time of “Got 13″ she was a Tiger
* Was Walt Disney an Auburn fan?
* Behind the scenes of the NYC AU Club’s Heisman Tiger Walk
* Auburn coed is internet icon
* The Secret History of an Underground Iron Bowl
* Auburn alumna in Philippines will watch BCSCG in style
* Young Bartley meets David Housel for breakfast
Looking forward to this one.