CBSSports.com kicked off its summer college football podcast series today with Emory Blake, putting No. 80 on the spot (as they apparently intend to do all their guests) to end the nine minute interview by asking whether college football players should be paid. “It’s a tough question,” Blake replied. “We get our scholarship checks… and I think that takes care of us for what we need to survive. But I think it’s a little off that college football brings in so much money and a lot of people reap the benefits for young people’s hard work, so with that being said, I guess it should come up with a little more money, or a little different system, to benefit the players who are putting in the work.”
Other highlights: When asked what Auburn unknown is a player the nation needs to watch this year, Blake said Corey Lemonier. When asked to describe Gene Chizik in one word, he answered “leader.” When asked to describe Gus Malzahn, he answered “Gotta be careful with this one… he’s a character.” And when asked about the low expectations for Auburn this year, Blake shot back: “We’re just using it as a fuel… Truth be told, I feel like we played as underdogs all year last year and no one expected us to do what we did… so I guess it’s just another day in the life of an Auburn Tiger for us.”
* Fans equate Iron Bowl losses with the end of the world—now confirmed by science!
* Auburn is the question, Cam the answer on Jeopardy!
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Bama pays professional boxers to beat Auburn for the first time
* War Eagle IV attacks Florida player, Auburn penalized 15 yards
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Actor named Auburn can’t get gig going by his first name