If you’ve flown Delta recently, and made it past the Mr. Furley-meets-Digital Zombie Orville Redenbacher nightmare Ralph Lauren has become, you may have noticed our own Ben Tate, half-naked and smiling, in the pages of the airlines inflight magazine. [Click here for the full ad.]
The Tiger-turned-Texan has parleyed his cuddly smile and not inconsiderable powers of self-promotion into an endorsement gig with Sheex, “the world’s first luxury performance bed sheets,” which thanks to it’s “wicking properties” and flexible microfibers will apparently win you gold medals and Super Bowls while you sleep.
Maybe “performance sheets”—or the wooden horse idol on his nightstand—can break the NFL injury curse on Auburn running backs and help soon-to-be-fully-recovered Ben climb up Texans depth chart.
H/T Blake Herrin
* Derek Jeter’s guardian angel spotted—and he’s an Auburn fan
* Ad for a Wet T-shirt Contest at Nichol’s Alley
* Pat Dye buying sunglasses
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Outer Space is full of Auburn shirts