Thanks to a record number of requests from betrothed Tiger fans since January 10, Auburn University is now officially offering the use of Samford Hall for weddings.
Apparently there’s nothing like a national championship to make you want to tie the knot.
The only reason the lawn has been previously unavailable as matrimonial setting (which these folks were probably wondering about six months ago)? There wasn’t a group to actually coordinate the events.
Enter the crack team at the Auburn University Hotel. For $1,000-$2,5000 (some of which will apparently be going to scholarship funds), War Eagle love birds get chairs, music, flowers, light drinks, and the lawn. (If you’re short a ring bearer, one of the campus’ semi-tame squirrels will be provided — providing Onterio McCalebb isn’t your best man. They hate that dude.) And, if you get married at noon, you get to walk down the aisle to the Auburn fight song.
Except, of course, on game days. Unless you want it as a funeral venue as well. Capish?
* Lutzenkirchen vs. The Pounder
* Ad for a Wet T-shirt Contest at Nichol’s Alley
* Pat Dye buying sunglasses
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* “Buck Fama” graffiti seen in Auburn after “Punt Bama Punt”
Leave a Reply