It’s hard when you’re on the road, and the fall is prime touring time… and, yes, John Paul White belongs to one of those north Alabama border-war clans that bleed creamsicle instead of houndstooth or orange and blue (a strange breed).
“I grew up either in Muscle Shoals or Loretto, Tennessee,” White told me when I interviewed him Friday. “My family was all Tennessee fans.”
But when the guitarist for the Florence-based roots-music duo The Civil Wars‘ did manage to catch college football last season, he says he was pulling for the good guys.
“I’m a Tennessee fan,” White said. “But I don’t mind saying I definitely cheered for some Auburn Tigers last year and have over the years.”
You know what they say—the enemy of my enemy is currently a VH1 “You Oughta Know” artist to watch.
* Pompadours on the Plains: The 50s revival at Auburn
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Under Armour congratulates Cam Newton with full-page ad
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Auburn grad tries to get Ryan Secrest to hire her with internet campaign