That Rod Bramblett, who has had some great moments in his eight seasons behind the Auburn Network microphone, is still so thought of as “The New Guy” is less a slight against Bramblett than a testament to how loudly the original Touchdown Auburn still resonates in the ears of the Auburn heart. Lord knows how many “Wish Jim Was Alive To See This” games we’ve played since he passed in 2003—there were 14 last season alone.
But now, through the magic of YouTube, you don’t have to try so hard to imagine what it’d sound like if he had been. Sure, the extra distance of Jaret Holmes’ game-winner in the ’97 Iron Bowl throws off the timing a bit. But still. Still. Click it a few times.
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* My first meeting with Dean Foy
* Former Auburn cheerleader stars in ‘Best Worst Movie’
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
Van P in Illinois says
If he got that excited and went with that many “IT’S GOOD!”s for winning an Iron Bowl, imagine what he would have said/done when Wes kicked that FG in Arizona. Man. It would have been amazing.