A bunch of kids from Scottsdale, Arizona probably became Auburn fans over the weekend, at least temporarily.
When the bus the North Ridge Community Church youth group had chartered for its trip home from a Christian camp in California broke down an hour outside of Scottsdale Saturday morning, a giant Auburn University logo quickly came to rescue.
In March, we reported that two of the four buses the Auburn Athletics Department chartered—and wrapped in Auburn graphics—while the football team was in Glendale for the BCS Championship were still in use.
Apparently they still are.
American Explorer Motor Coach dispatched the one remaining “Auburn Bus” in its fleet to pick up the stranded campers, including the son of Debbie Sinani, who immediately told her Auburn fan friend—and TWER’s Arizona correspondent—Becca Hamilton (aka @GRITSGAL), who immediately told us.
The next morning, Hamilton learned from her daughter that the Auburn bus, a friend to all faiths, was en route to a Jewish youth camp in north Arizona.
* Three-hour delay turns flight to Phoenix into Auburn pep rally
* ‘Cammy Koozie’s’ fund family’s trip to Glendale
* Screencaps of a former AU cheerleader in a bikini on a Nicaraguan beach
* Pine Hill Haints release song from new album to honor Toomer’s
* Harvey Updyke in high school
* Could Bieber Fever save the Toomer’s Oaks?
* Toomer’s Corner after Punt, Bama, Punt
* Did Auburn student’s roll Toomer’s Corner after Bear Bryant died?
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Fear and Loathing in Tuscaloosa
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
Follow us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Great last line there.
so true. All roads lead to auburn.