Presenting the cover of the 1987-88 Auburn basketball media guide, a work tapping the same literalism celebrated by Sports Illustrated’s recent retrospective on late 1980s counter-ironic pro-sports posters (the collection that brought us Chuck Person in chaps).
We want to believe that there is a same-era poster somewhere out there of Bobby Lowder in a Colonial Bank basketball jersey posing with an open check book at half court.
* What happens at the Chi Omega Fall Woodser stays on The War Eagle Reader
* I Survived the Kopper Kettle Explosion and all I got was this t-shirt
* Erin Andrews at Toomer’s Corner
* The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Auburn
* Against Me! bassist pulls for the Tigers
* Player on 1972 ‘Amazin’s’ squad battling Lou Gehrig’s Disease
* Montgomery Business that de-toilet papers Toomer’s busier than ever
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Model Molly Sims spotted at the Iron Bowl in an Auburn jersey