“The rich traditions of Toomer’s Corner can now grow deep in the grounds of our Nation’s Capital. It is a special day for Auburn University, and I am thrilled to be a part of it,” Rogers said in a press release. “After the devastating news of the tree poisonings earlier this year, knowing this seed will grow one day to shade the grounds of the Capitol should bring some hope and pride to all Auburn fans.”
Auburn is in Rogers’ congressional district.
Auburn graduate and U.S. Rep. Spencer Bachus, R-Vestavia Hills, actually helped dig the hole the tree was placed in.
* Happy Gene Chizik Day!
* Jackie Sherrill accuses Auburn of inflating footballs with helium
* Barrett Trotter knows when to hold’em
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* Classic punxploitation flick features broadcast of Auburn game
* Auburn students stand in for Joaquin Phoenix, stars of Space Camp (1985)
* The G.I. Joe from Auburn
* Videographer behind AU hype videos wasn’t initially sold on “All I Do is Win”
* Two campy degrees of separation between Auburn and Swamp Thing
* I Survived the Kopper Kettle Explosion and all I got was this t-shirt