ESPN sent University of Alabama grad Rece Davis to Tuscaloosa to document the devastation from last week’s tornado, and the recovery’s effects on the Iron Bowl rivalry. The World Wide Leader devoted nearly five minutes to the efforts of Toomer’s For Tuscaloosa, and it’s amazing to see what the barely week-old group has done with a Facebook and Twitter account, which is nothing less than revolutionize disaster relief.
Of course, in a post-Updyke reality, national media apparently feels that the word “Toomer’s” is synonymous enough with Auburn in the minds of a national audience to forgo explanation as to why the group of Auburn Tiger fans didn’t call themselves, you know, Tigers For Tuscaloosa. Because once again there’s no real mention of the alliterative goodwill tit-for-tatting regarding Tide For Toomer’s.
But we’ll save our analysis on all that for later.
Oh, in addition to that gas truck, we also hear they’ve moved a plane.
* Auburn dog might have helped kill bin Laden
* LSU girls love Auburn Men, says HBOs’ “Treme”
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* David Foster Wallace wants to be your best friend
* Behind the scenes at the New York City Heisman Tiger Walk
* The Mysterious Auburn Man
* Preacher from ESPN ‘Roll Tide’ commercial repents
* Sleigh Bells bring out the pompoms