The latest episode of HBO’s Treme, named after / set in the iconic, musically inclined New Orleans neighborhood, reveals what we’ve suspected all along: LSU girls love Auburn men.
When Davis (Steve Zahn) suggests at a family Thanksgiving gathering that his eccentric aunt (who claims she could gun her 1958 Mercury Monterey from LSU’s campus to the French Quarter in 42 minutes flat) was a “hellion” in college who drove men wild, she replies by quoting Randy Newman’s 1974 song “Rednecks“: “Listen, the song had it right about those LSU boys; ‘go in dumb, come out dumb, too.'”
Then, apparently to piss off her brother, she tacks on: “Now, an Auburn man, (mouthed) oh my God…”
Then Aunt Mimi (Elizabeth Ashley) accompanies Steve Zahn to a Bounce show, where she’s whisked away by a drag queen who promises her a great deal on some new heels. That’s good television!
Thanks to Adam Krouse (and Lane Powell and Chris Washington) for the tip.
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Poster for 1969 Rolling Stones concert in Auburn appraised for big bucks on Antiques Roadshow
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* That time Green Day played an Auburn house show
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* David Foster Wallace wants to be your best friend
* Behind the scenes at the New York City Heisman Tiger Walk
* The Mysterious Auburn Man
* Preacher from ESPN ‘Roll Tide’ commercial repents
* Sleigh Bells bring out the pompoms