The latest episode of HBO’s Treme, named after / set in the iconic, musically-ripe New Orleans neighborhood, reveals what we’ve suspected all along: LSU girls love Auburn men.
When Davis (Steve Zahn) suggests at a family Thanksgiving gathering that his eccentric lush of an aunt (who claims she could gun her 1958 Mercury Monterey from LSU’s campus to the French Quarter in 42 minutes flat) was a “hellion” in college who drove men wild, she replies by quoting Randy Newman’s 1974 song “Rednecks“: “Listen, the song had it right about those LSU boys; ‘go in dumb, come out dumb, too.'”
Then, apparently to piss off her brother, she tacks on: “Now, an Auburn man, (mouthed) oh my God…”
(Can’t see the video? Try here.)
Then Aunt Mimi accompanies Steve Zahn to a Bounce show, where she is kidnapped by a drag queen who promises her a great deal on some new heels. That’s good television!
Thanks to Adam Krouse (and Lane Powell and Chris Washington) for the tip.
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Poster for 1969 Rolling Stones concert in Auburn appraised for big bucks on Antiques Roadshow
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* That time Green Day played an Auburn house show
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* David Foster Wallace wants to be your best friend
* Behind the scenes at the New York City Heisman Tiger Walk
* The Mysterious Auburn Man
* Preacher from ESPN ‘Roll Tide’ commercial repents
* Sleigh Bells bring out the pompoms