The Spring of Dye continues [previous installments here, here, here, and here].
All this talk of field renovation got us thinking about the time in 1991 when Coach installed a fence built with pressure treated pine on the five yard line. It was so funny, Osmose decided to turn it into a classic, classic commercial.
* Pat Dye buying sunglasses
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* “Buck Fama” graffiti seen in Auburn after “Punt Bama Punt”
We really needed to pressure wash the stands before that commercial was shot.
Will Collier says
Still the greatest coach commercial, ever. Yes, better than Yaw Yaw Orgeron and his Hummer.
I guess every program has these kinds of boosters, but if any of you have ever watched friday night lights (the tv series) I say this:
yella fella=buddy garritty
If you haven’t watched it you need to. It is fantastic.
Auburn Elvis says
I remember Dye said his goal at Auburn was to have a defense so good, the other team was afraid to snap the ball – and he very nearly did. Good times.
And the “Yella Fella” before he became famous!
I remember this one very well…..classic.
This was a good one, but my favorite was the one Dye did with Vince Dooley.