And a professional badass with several nicknames: “Rogue Warrior”, “Demo Dick”, “Shark Man of the Delta” and “The Geek.” He also has his own video game character (with his own NSFW YouTube tribute video — “President Reagan sends his regards”), based off his memoir of killin’.
From his bio on NavySeals.com:
With a B.A. in International Relations from the Navy Post Graduate School in Monterey, California, and a M.A. in Political Science from Auburn University, Marcinko brings to the private sector the same skill, dedication and enthusiasm that earned him 34 citations and medals, including the Legion of Merit, the Silver Star and four Bronze Stars. From operations in Vietnam to planning at the Pentagon, Marcinko has proven his expertise at all levels of special operations, intelligence and security.
From reports thus far, SEALS Team Six’s latest operation in Pakistan seems consistent with their founder’s attitude toward assassinations and such: “I don’t have to get country overfly rights, I don’t have to get permission to cross borders,” Marcinko said in a 2008 interview. “The only thing I have to do is keep my ass alive.”
War Eagle, Shark Man of the Delta.
UPDATE: The war dog that assisted in the assault on bin Laden might also have trained at Auburn.
* LSU girls love Auburn Men, says HBOs’ “Treme”
* Auburn coeds. Watermelons. 1973.
* Toomer’s For Tuscaloosa featured on NBC Nightly News
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Toomer’s Oaks sapling to be planted on Capitol lawn
* Tide For Toomer’s founder’s apartment destroyed in tornado, “thank you” from AU arrives next day
* How Bama remembers “Punt, Bama, Punt”
* Charles Barkley avoiding the Noid, 1981
* Nikki Cox, Auburn fan
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* My first meeting with Dean Foy
* Former Auburn cheerleader stars in ‘Best Worst Movie’
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959