Upon learning that the power lines that typically bore the brunt of the toilet paper were to be buried beneath Magnolia Avenue, and after fearing the tradition thus ‘doomed‘, Auburn fans in the late 70s had no trouble getting creative with the rolling of Toomer’s Corner.
Sure, the equestrian team has some good ideas. But after seeing this, rolling cops seems the obvious answer. They’re there. They always look like they want to join in on the fun. And if AUPD can’t, we could probably just hire Eric Estrada to stand there with some twigs in his hands. Seems like he’s up for anything these day.
Photos via Auburn’s RBD Library.
* Auburn jersey spotted in titillating music video
* Jackie Sherrill accuses Auburn of inflating footballs with helium
* Barrett Trotter knows when to hold’em
* Bear Bryant’s lost year at Auburn
* Pat Dye is stuck on Golden Flake
* The Worldwide ‘War Eagle’ of 1978
* Pat Dye buying sunglasses
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam