Can you spot the obvious Auburn Fans Parking Only sign in the background of the 5th (and last) season intro to The WB’s late 90s, Nikki Cox-starring Married With Children knockoff Unhappily Ever After?
Neither could we, ba-dum. (Can’t see the video? Try here.)
We’re told it only appears in the opening credits, never in the garage scenes in any of the actual episodes. That, coupled with the perfectly framed (so we’re told) placement behind Nikki Cox in the opening shot, would seem to suggest the deliberate work of an Auburn fan on set. We’re actually hoping IMDB can confirm our theory that a rogue War Eaglin’ props assistant is responsible for this, this, this, this, and even, somehow, this… for all of it, sort of the Banksy of Auburn product placement. And that he or she will agree to an interview (but only wearing a Bobby Lowder mask).
Eagle Eye Award: Paul Thompson.
Know of any Auburn references in pop-culture? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Did Auburn student’s roll Toomer’s Corner after Bear Bryant died?
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Fear and Loathing in Tuscaloosa
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
* Former Auburn cheerleader stars in ‘Best Worst Movie’
* Auburn’s Miss Universe contestant, Audrey Moore
* Auburn amputee has tiger-striped prosthetic legs
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* Former Nitro Girl recalls time at Auburn