Besides the whole Christmas-Come-Early commentary (Santa Thing), the most interesting (and really only other) item of note in the 1973 Corolla‘s contextless coverage of the 1972 Iron Bowl is that the game is actually referenced as “PUNT, BAMA, PUNT”… which seems odd, something akin to the 1985 Glomerata bold-fonting the 1984 Iron Bowl as “Wrong Way, Bo,” or something. But apparently the miraculousness of it all was so established in both sides of the state’s football psyche, and so overwhelming, the Bama yearbook staff felt no compunction about dedicating two self-deprecating-ish pages — the other games only got one — to the Iron Bowl.
Thanks again, Santa.
More Iron Bowl:
* Alabama fan talks about Auburn during sex in CW’s ‘Hart of Dixie’
* Auburn fan who ran onto the field during the 1969 Iron Bowl tells all!
* More like the BUST Bama pep rally…
* The Snorg Tees Girl in a 1987 Auburn Iron Bowl victory T-shirt
* This song about the 1969 Iron Bowl is awesome
* A rap about the 1989 Iron Bowl
* Aubie romances early 80s coed on Bear skin rug
* David Housel’s radio address before the 2002 Iron Bowl
Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter. Want to advertise? Spare a dollar?