Besides the whole Christmas-Come-Early commentary (It’s a Santa Thing), the most interesting (and really only other) item of note in the 1973 Corolla‘s contextless coverage of the 1972 Iron Bowl is that the game is actually referenced as “PUNT, BAMA, PUNT”… which seems odd, something akin to the 1985 Glomerata bold-fonting the 1984 Iron Bowl as “Wrong Way, Bo,” or something. But apparently the miraculousness of it all was so established in both sides of the state’s football psyche, and so overwhelming, the Bama yearbook staff felt no compunction about dedicating two self-deprecating-ish pages — the other games only got one — to the historical record.
Thanks again, Santa.
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* “Buck Fama” graffiti seen in Auburn after “Punt Bama Punt”