Cam’s eyebrows go up. Cecil looks to the sky. Cam looks at Cecil. Cecil takes a swig of Dasani. Cam nudges Cecil, who hands the bottle to Cam. Cam takes a sip. Yes, the whole unfortunately worded “unfortunately Georgia didn’t offer him the best contract” line from Donzella James five minutes and 23 seconds into the Georgia State Senate’s presentation honoring Cam Newton is fantastically awkward. But hey, it’s The Blessed Individual (he beat “Albany University,” for cryin’ out loud). You can’t look away.
Other points of interest: Secdrick McIntyre’s brother-in-law / Jeris McIntyre’s uncle speaks somewhere in there, and Sen. George Hooks, an Auburn grad, takes the mic at 11:02, and proceeds to rub it in to the Georgia fans, remind the world that a Bama fan poisoned our trees, and lead the senate in a “War Eagle.” And if you can make it there, there’s another fun “War Eagle” exchange with an Auburn grad — Cam “brought honor” to the guy’s family — at the end.
Cam starts at 12:10.
* Hit Stanley McClover in the face for discounts!
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* Ronald Reagan was an Auburn fan
* Who’s the kid with the Auburn shirt in “Return of Swamp Thing”?
* Mates of State’s Jason Hammel talks football
* Pat Dye responds to ‘loudmouth’ allegations from 1959
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Actor named Auburn can’t get gig going by his first name
* How Fraternities Work
* That time Green Day played an Auburn house show
* Fantastic photos of Bjork inside Jordan-Hare Stadium
* Auburn buses still driving around Phoenix
* The Ten Best Auburn Games That Never Happened