Wiz Khalifa, the rapper behind the “Orange Navy“-inspiring “Black and Yellow,” is playing the Lambda Chi house Friday night. Google says there’s a YouTube video of Wiz Khalifa poking fun of late Washington D.C. media legend / civil rights activist Petey Green‘s popular instructional video “How To Eat A Watermelon.” And thus our fixation on Auburn’s early-mid 70s finds yet another timely excuse (as if the pink halter top at the bottom wasn’t enough) for expression… in this case, 29 never-before-seen photos from the 1973 (we think) Lambda Chi Alpha Watermelon Bust.
… and how you spit out the seeds.
Recognize anyone? As always, names-to-faces comments are appreciated.
Photos by the great Larry Parker.
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* “Buck Fama” graffiti seen in Auburn after “Punt Bama Punt”
If you’d like to help TWER keep the lights on and the obsession with Auburn lore unhealthy (it’s going to be a long month), click here.