Here 29 never-before-seen photos from the 1973 (we think) Lambda Chi Alpha Watermelon Bust.
We first posted this in conjunction with news of Wiz Khalifa playing in Auburn (long story, it was a stretch) but have come to realize that, for photos like that? Man, we really don’t need an excuse. Click them to enlarge, click them again to enlarge some more.
Recognize anyone? As always, names-to-faces comments are appreciated.
Photos by the great Larry Parker.
* Muhammad Al on the Haley Center concourse
* Playboy in Auburn, 1989
* The War Eagle Jeep in Vietnam
* 78 never-before-seen photos of the Kopper Kettle explosion of 1978
* Rare candids of Pat Sullivan at the 1971 Heisman banquet
* G.I. Joe’s Auburn’s connection
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Crowd shots from the 1973 Auburn-Florida game
* Best reaction to being named Miss Homecoming ever
* “Buck Fama” graffiti seen in Auburn after “Punt Bama Punt”
If you’d like to help TWER keep the lights on and the obsession with Auburn lore unhealthy (it’s going to be a long month), click here.