The celebrated Auburn Institute of Exploding Dog Studies, aka the Auburn University Canine Detection Training Center, was profiled by Fox News yesterday. Started in 1989, it’s the largest dedicated canine detection research program in the country.
Fox sent the British dude with the glasses to cover a graduation ceremony for ten of the bomb-sniffers, who will go on to save lives (“one disintegrated Giant Schnauzer at a time“) in places like Dulles International Airport in Washington, DC.
No word yet on whether a Spike 80DF class has been added to the curriculum.
H/T Brian Brown.
* WEGL’s Bro. Jed sessions
* Nick Saban takes Comedy Central sword to the face
* Auburn alum reportedly a favorite to win “American Idol”
* Auburn football radio broadcast in punxploitation classic
* Did an Auburn fan contribute to the teenage delinquency of Courtney Love?
* The G.I. Joe from Auburn
* Two campy degrees of separation between Auburn and Swamp Thing
* I Survived the Kopper Kettle Explosion and all I got was this t-shirt
* “Alabama Polytechnic is the best…” for Eugene Sledge in HBO’s The Pacific
* The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Auburn
* The Auburn plaque in 1984′s Tank