TWER staff was kept from Young IE’s and Yt’s delayed video shoot for “Can’t Forget Our Tree (Toomer’s Corner)” by “prior engagements,” and the worst case of Strep Throat that Auburn Urgent Care has ever diagnosed (samples sent to the Center for Disease Control for possible new “Strep Soul” classification). But at least some folks braved the soggiest weekend conditions in a long, long time to show their support. Some even dressed up for it.
Wait — that actually is Aubie. Thank God… we thought another tradition was in jeopardy (I mean, if just anyone can get their hands on a knockoff Aubie costume, especially one that fit a little person…) But no, those stripes are authentic. Young IE is simply that tall.
* Pine Hill Haints release song from new album to honor Toomer’s
* Harvey Updyke in high school
* Could Bieber Fever save the Toomer’s Oaks?
* Toomer’s Corner after Punt, Bama, Punt
* Did Auburn student’s roll Toomer’s Corner after Bear Bryant died?
* TWER interviews Stephen Enloe, the Emotional Agronomist
* Bama police keep vigil over Bear Bryant statue
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Fear and Loathing in Tuscaloosa
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)
* Outkast lasts forever