Some Auburn fans in Arizona’s capital are experiencing deja vu thanks to one company’s choice to ride the wave of Auburn’s national popularity for as long as it can.
On Thursday, reports of Auburn buses being spotted on Phoenix-area roads began to circulate on Twitter. Eyebrows were raised. Theories shared.
No, says Associate Auburn AD Scott Carr, it’s not a victory lap.
“American Explorer Motorcoach was our bus company for our trip to the BCS Championship Game in Arizona,” Carr said. “On the buses for our team, we wrapped them with Auburn graphics and logos. The bus company has decided to leave these graphics on three of the buses, so there are three ‘Auburn’ buses still driving around the Phoenix area.”
Actually, it’s now down to just two.
“The team signed one of the buses so we took that wrap off immediately,” said American Explorer Motorcoach sales representative Tamrie Walz. “We do a lot of work with high school and local community colleges out here and so we decided to leave it on. They all get a kick of getting the Auburn bus.”
Walz said the company continues to receive compliments about the buses’ appearances and has no timetable for removing the wraps.
“UnderArmour made the wraps and they look great,” she said. “It was kind of a big deal for us. We hope Auburn comes back next year.”
* Three-hour delay turns flight to Phoenix into Auburn pep rally
* ‘Cammy Koozie’s’ fund family’s trip to Glendale
* Screencaps of a former AU cheerleader in a bikini on a Nicaraguan beach
* Pine Hill Haints release song from new album to honor Toomer’s
* Harvey Updyke in high school
* Could Bieber Fever save the Toomer’s Oaks?
* Toomer’s Corner after Punt, Bama, Punt
* Did Auburn student’s roll Toomer’s Corner after Bear Bryant died?
* The Great Bo Jackson A-Day Race of 1984
* Dean Foy discusses the lewdness of youth
* Fear and Loathing in Tuscaloosa
* Jimmy Buffett Sang: Let’s Get Drunk and Screw (Up My 1st Year at Auburn)