The latest reminder of who’s boss? The score of this year’s Iron Bowl supposedly sown in ryegrass in the dead patch of lawn in front of the recently stickered statues of Bear Bryant and Gene Stallings.
In order to keep the pranks perpetrated to rub it in, stick it on, and now spruce it up to the University of Alabama in the proper perspective and from leading to more threats of retaliatory Toomer’s tree-poisoning, i.e. actual vandalism — sorry, but easily removable stickers and actual improvements to the grass don’t really count — we feel compelled to suggest to Bama fans the slight possibility that one of their self-loathing own may be responsible.
There is, after all, historical precedent.
[H/T: Friends of The Program - go there for close ups]
* Gabe Wright calls out Nick Fairley with “Nick Who?” hat
* An Open Letter to the 2011 Auburn Recruiting Class
* Josh Bynes terrifies young children at Mobile Auburn Club fundraiser
* Former Auburn cheerleader competing in new season of ‘Survivor’
* Three-hour delay turns flight to Phoenix into Auburn pep rally
* ‘Cammy Koozie’s’ fund family’s trip to Glendale
* An interview with Auburn YouTube sensation Chris Lowe
* “Alabama Polytechnic is the best…” for Eugene Sledge in HBO’s The Pacific
* The Ron Swanson Pyramid of Auburn
* The Auburn plaque in 1984′s Tank